Dropbox is a home for all your photos, docs, videos, and files. Anything you add to Dropbox will automatically show up on all your computers, phones and even the Dropbox website — so you can access your stuff from anywhere.
Dropbox also makes it super easy to share with others, whether you’re a student or professional, parent or grandparent. Even if you accidentally spill a latte on your laptop, have no fear! Relax knowing that your stuff is safe in Dropbox and will never be lost.
After installation, Dropbox needs to be configured. Please see the Dropbox Configuration (R4x86) page for instructions.
When installing do not uninstall any already installed versions of the Dropbox add-on for if you do this will break the connection to your Dropbox(es).
After purchasing this add-on you will be able to download two different versions of the add-on, 1.x.x and 2.x.x. the difference between those is that versions numbered 1.x.x will work for Dropbox up to version 2.10.x and make no other changes to your ReadyNAS than to enable Dropbox.
Version 2.x.x of the add-on works for all currently known Dropbox versions. To accomplish this it was necessary to replace some system libraries. On initial testing no problems were found by me or the beta testers. However, you need to keep in mind that
- after a firmware update or an OS re-install you need to re-install the Dropbox add-on 2.x.x again
- if you encounter problems with this version you can get the original system libraries back by doing an OS Reinstall
|Release date:||August 4, 2013|
|Last updated:||August 17, 2014|
|Current version:||1.2.2 / 2.0.3|
|Software application type:||ReadyNAS OS 4 Add-On (x86)|
|Requirements:||ReadyNAS OS 4.x (x86) [4.2.15+]|
- On install existing versions of Dropbox won\'t be updated/overwritten to save installation time
- Fixed small problem with stopping a running Dropbox daemon
- Fixed problem with parsing version numbers for stable and testing Dropbox releases.
- Fixed problems with starting Dropbox daemon 2.10
- Added support for Dropbox daemon 2.11 and above
- Updated some core system libraries